Round 'em up

Monday, November 24, 2008

There is so much going on -- in fact, there is so much going on that I feel like we're all in need of something ridiculous. So, after a quick round up of the weekend, I will post some fun.

The run down:

Obama's radio address: It is nice to hear that the President Elect is planning to craft and support programs aimed at creating 2.5 million jobs. I would have been psyched if: 1 - He had hinted a little bit at how this was to be accomplished, and 2 - he didn't frame the current situation quite as apocalyptically.



The Big Three: The CEO's of Chrysler, Ford and GM got sent back to Michigan with homework. They now have to provide a coherent plan for any funding they might receive from taxpayers. I think this is a fair request...I just wish that Wall Street had been held to the same standard. It is undoubtedly more complicated than that -- however seeing billions of dollars handed over to the folks who had a hand in creating this mess time and time again is frustrating. I can't help but think about the factory workers whose livelihoods depend on these three men putting together a cogent argument. I hope that they're successful -- and I certainly don't care if they fly back to Washington in private planes. Of course these men take company planes, given their salaries every minute of their time has to be optimized. Also, what a dumb reason to stick it to the folks back in Michigan -- because their leaders flew in company planes to DC they should have to lose their jobs? No. If the US choses not to support the auto industry it should be because they are hopelessly unsustainable and producing a poor product.

Minnesota: The shennanigans in Minnesota are absurd. At this point I don't think either campaign should win. Instead, I nominated anyone from my friend Meg's family. They're from Minnesota and could do much better than either of the candidates currently making a mockery of the recount system.

Citigroup: Ugh. Just. UGH.

Now, for something ridiculous:

0 Comments: