Out with the old

Tuesday, November 11, 2008



There are so many things I love about this picture. Although, first let me say that I must give a rare nod of appreciation to George W. In his "kid ready for recess" enthusiasm to get out of the office that has been an albatross for the past two years, he and his team have been excessively cooperative.

Of course, I love Michelle Obama's dress -- but let's face it, critiquing her sartorial sense is the purview of http://www.mrs-o.org/ or maybe Samantha, if she got around to it. What I love even more is that on the scale of awkardness (1-10, where 10 is so awkward someone vomits, naturally), this picture only reaches about a 4. The Obamas look genuinley psyched in that "I'm trying to keep this grin from completely splitting my face" kind of way. They look dynamic and alive. Meanwhile, the President and First Lady appear to be passive cardboard cutouts. Given the 8 years they've had, that's friendly enough, I'd say.

The only picture I love even more from the President Elect's visit yesterday is this one:



You see how Bush has his legs crossed away from Obama, but is still leaning into the conversation? Now that is some seriously conflicting body language.

The NY Times' whole slide show from yesterday's visit is HERE. "Analysis" of the rest of the set to come...

0 Comments: