My favorite article so far today

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I know I still need to dissect a few more images from that slide show, but in the meantime (aka, while I'm being lazy) here is the best (defined as: eye opening, funny, potentially irrelevant) article I've read so far today:

Here Are Your Assignments
The road to political recovery.

National Review

Favorite quote:
To the House Republicans: remember that freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. You cannot pass major bills. Lacking power or entrée to the White House, you cannot raise money from access-hungry interest groups. On the upside, there is less risk of another Abramoff scandal, since you’re not worth bribing. You can regain political support only through the power of your ideas. Your liberation from governing responsibility means that you have the time and flexibility to craft creative policy proposals — just as your predecessors did in past wilderness periods. (Reaganomics owed much to Representative Jack Kemp’s work in the late 1970s.)

I love it! Is a lack of criminal interest the only thing that could prod House Republicans to be productive? I'm actually not convinced that they will be anyway. We'll have to see.

Ooooo, also, keep an eye out for an important position paper on health care coming out today. If I see it I'll post it. Here's the WSJ article mentioning it.

0 Comments: