A quick follow up

Sunday, November 9, 2008

I didn't get to spend as much time as I'd have liked on my last post -- so here's a quick wrap up.

Though Gillian's facebook post shocked me, now that a little time has passed I'm glad I came across it. I think reading it had two positive outcomes for me. First, it helped me realize that even someone who has a background and upbringing relatively similar to mine can have a vividly different worldview. That may sound naive, but I had thought that the Barack HUSSEIN Obama people lived in areas of the country that are foreign and unfamiliar . So, thanks to Gillian for hitting me on the forehead with that particular 2x4 with "reality" written on it.

Secondly, reading illogical, under supported arguments like Gillian's makes me appreciate conservative republican writings that question and criticize Barack intelligently and thoughtfully. As I've said before, the National Review turns my stomach for the most part -- however I think it is important to keep reading it. Because as I become more and more pulled into Barack's corner, I need to try to keep my feet on the ground and stay somewhat balanced -- or I could end up in my own extreme; on the opposite side from Gillian but just as far up in the clouds.

0 Comments: